How to Dress for Your Body Type This Summer: HourglassJuly 23, 2014
Knowing what type of body shape you have can make a huge difference in the way you look and feel. Today is all about the hourglass figure! As an hourglass body shape, your bust and hips are well balanced with a well-defined waist. You are lucky to share the same figure as Scarlett Johansson and Jennifer Love-Hewitt. Here are few things to keep in mind when dressing for your shape:
- Look for tops that will accentuate your waistline while maintaining the balanced look of your figure.
- Go for tailored single breasted jackets with a defined V-neckline.
- Look for a flat front, mid-rise waistband with a boot-cut or straight leg fit.
- You can have fun with skirts and dresses to show off your great legs as long as they have enough structure and drop to a flattering length.
- A fashionable waist belt is your best friend as they accentuate your already slim waist.
- Footwear should be curvier rather than angular to complement your Hourglass figure. Try peep-toe high heels to enhance your legs and shape.
- Swimsuits can be two-pieces, especially those with underwire, to show off your hourglass figure.