What I’m Reading: Coolest Hotels Around
We all have the never ending bucket list of must-do’s; like where to visit, what to eat, things to do and all that, but how many of those things actually get checked off.
This list of some of the coolest hotels in the world will not only check your “travel the world” bucket list item off, but also give you some unbelievable stories and memories that you won’t be able to stop talking about for years!
- Mirrorcube Treehouse – Is exactly what it sounds like. Deep in the forests in Sweden, these mirrored cubes are scattered amongst the trees to give you a luxurious, mature treehouse experience, while still being able to take in the beauty of nature that surrounds you.
- Icehotel – This one is not recommended for those of you that hate winters. With all the furniture and room itself made of ice, it will leave you with chills!
- Harbour Crane – In the Netherlands, this hotel is literally suspended by a crane! So if you aren’t afraid of heights and want to spend the night ( or two) in a log cabin hung in the air, this is perfect.
- Free Spirit Spheres – Hung throughout the forests in Vancouver, these spheres offer plenty of room and variety to cater all your needs.
- Hotel Costa Verda – If you were a fan of Lost, or have an obsession with planes this could be for you. This hotel in Costa Rica is built around an old plane, with views that look out right onto the ocean.
- Giraffe Manor – A personal favourite of mine, this brings the safari right into your dining room. Built around a Giraffe reserve, the Giraffes are free to wander and join in on any hotel experiences to get up to.
- Kakslauluttanen Arctic Resort – This resort is made up of glass igloos, that taking sleeping under the stars to whole new meanings. Allowing you to see the northern lights, and stare at the stars for hours without ever leaving the bed.
Life Hack: Storing Jewelry the Best Way
Unlike our clothes, jewelry is one thing that we sometimes toss aside with the idea that out of sight, out of mind. Either that, or we have it nicely displayed in the bedroom as more of an art piece than an accessory to be worn.
While both of these seem practical for their own reasons, they may not necessarily be the best thing for your jewelry. Here are a few things to keep in mind when you are storing your jewelry to keep it in tip-top shape.
Invest in Jewelry Dividers for drawers – These prevent your delicate chains from getting tangled and help keep everything separated and easy to grab.
Wall Organizer – for heavier and chunkier jewelry, hanging it on the wall is much more convenient and easy to sort. Some of these can be an easy DIY that needs less than 5 materials, or you can get real fancy and make it a focal point in any room with peg boards and paint.
Keep things Stackable – As small as jewelry is, it can take up a lot of room. With that in mind, thing stackable and opt for boxes that can be layered on top of each other, while also nicely organizing and protecting the accessories from scratches and tarnish.
People Doing Good: Meditation Takes Over Detention in the Halls of Schools in the U.S.
Instead of negatively punishing the students and putting them in detention room, these schools have implemented meditation rooms for the students to go to. Helping them calm down from their anger and build up, and allowing them to better integrate back into the classrooms.
Not only are they doing it in replace of detention, but schools are also using yoga and meditation practices throughout the day to help prevent distractions for the students, and help keep them calm and less stressed. Integrating it into the morning announcements, at the start of classes and after school activities. Allowing students to take part in different practices and teach themselves how to handle their anger and stress more realistically.