Administrative Assistant Position
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: CEO
Position Summary: The Administrative Assistant performs a wide variety of complex and highly responsible clerical and administrative duties and acts as an administrative aide to relieve the CEO and management of complicated or routine administrative and technical details. This role manages most CEO arrangements as well as travel arrangements for the firm. This role is responsible for records management, filing, reporting and daily administrative tasks assigned by CEO and management. The Administrative Assistant manages internal communication between staff for meetings, reporting, and other internal initiatives. This role implements systems for the business to include support for the CEO, Operations Manager, and Marketing Coordinator. This position is responsible for the efficiency of all of the office equipment, and facilities management. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for human resource compliance, reporting and personnel issues. This role exercises a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in all aspects of role. The Administrative Assistant does all related work as required.
Key Measures for Success:
- Intellectually curious = = Successfully manages schedule of CEO and administrative operations of the business; freeing up time for CEO to work on strategy and building the business.
- Writers; how do they communicate in writing = = Manages CEO’s email correspondence and interoffice materials; determines priority and responds appropriately. Makes recommendations regarding appropriate action and follow up. Keeps CEO apprised of itinerary, action items, messages and relevant business issues, both internal and external.
- Clear communication skills (“I” who knows how to keep people organized) Facilitates key business development meetings/initiatives on behalf of CEO and company.
- Routine tasks and projects are efficiently completed on time and as a result staff is focused on business growth and development.
- All employee files are accurate and legally acceptable.
1) Accountable for administrative efficiency of the business
- Maintains a calendar of activities and events, schedules appointments, conferences, meetings, and makes travel accommodations and arrangements for the CEO.
- Serves as personal assistant/administrative aid to the CEO.
- Compiles and organizes reporting for the CEO weekly.
- Supports the key leaders in organization in maintaining up to date reporting for the CEO.
- Prepares memoranda, letters, reports, statistical charts, agendas, presentations, and all other correspondence, and edits accurately on behalf of CEO.
- Screens email and mail, calling President’s attention to what requires immediate action and independently composes replies to what does not require personal attention.
- Greets visitors in person and over the phone, answers questions regarding company activities or procedures and resolves complaints.
- Coordinates and organizes meetings and conference calls; prepares required materials, makes conference room reservations and arrangements.
- Plans, organizes and prioritizes own work to meet deadlines and accomplish assigned tasks within established time lines.
- Creates high level systems for tracking data and processes on behalf of leadership team.
- Prepares a variety of communicative subject matter that may include privileged and highly sensitive material. Maintains strict confidentiality on all employee-related matters.
- Researches and compiles data on assigned topics.
- Makes independent decisions in the absence of the President.
- Performs other related essential functions as assigned.
- Maintains office calendar of activities and events, schedules appointments, conferences, meetings, and makes travel accommodations and arrangements for President and staff as requested.
- Organizes and plans culture events, team meetings and internal events.
2) Accountable for office space.
- Maintains a clean office and keeps it well organized. Creates processes and systems to stay organized.
- Maintains and orders office supplies.
- Maintains and monitors office equipment.
- Maintains accurate office files.
- Coordinates and manages internal office moves.
3) Accountable for maintaining human resource documents and procedures
- Maintains strict confidentiality on all HR and job-related matters.
- Writes and places job advertisements (e.g. AngelList) and administers DISC surveys of all applicants and re-surveying of current staff on an annual basis.
- Creates and processes job offers that reflect position title, salary, exempt status and start date.
- Manages the New Hire Onboarding process by obtaining all required documentation for employment requirements such as degree/licensure/certification verification, proper documentation of identity, signed contract, signed company policies, direct deposit form and benefit enrollment.
- Maintains records of all job offers and employment and onboarding documentation.
- Updates and maintains accurate company organization charts, job descriptions, employee files and employee directory.
4) Management support
- Develops and maintains accurate and up-to-date operations and employee manuals.
- Manages all business administrative projects.
- Participates in staff meetings and takes meeting notes for effective staff communication.
- _Manages all business administrative projects.
- _Acts as a supply manager effectively allocating and purchasing resources in alignment with the budget.
- _Coordinates the purchase, installation, and maintenance of all software and office equipment.
- _Prepares memoranda, letters, reports, agendas, handbooks, and other correspondence, and edits accurately.
- _Receives vendors and clients in person and over the phone, answers questions regarding services and products, helps and assists sales dept., president, and administrators in every way including resolving complaints.
- _Coordinates and organizes office meetings; prepares required materials.
- _Plans, organizes and prioritizes own work to meet deadlines and accomplish assigned tasks within established time lines.
- _Prepares a variety of communicative subject matter that may include privileged and highly sensitive material. Maintains strict confidentiality on all job-related matters.
- _Researches and compiles data on assigned topics.
- _Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- _Maintains organization staff by establishing a hiring system, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- _Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- _Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- _Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and managers .
- _Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- _Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- _Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- _Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- _Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- _Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- _Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
_Ability to carry out complex oral and written directions and make decisions independently.
_Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
_Excellent communications skills and the ability to and to prepare correspondence independently.
_Excellent organizational skills (oral and written) and the ability to excel at details, multi-tasking and working under pressure.
_Be flexible and receptive to change.
_Some knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
_Ability to carry out oral and written directions both internal and external; make decisions independently; communicate effectively; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
_Excellent organizational skills (oral and written) and the ability to excel at details
_Ability to work in a fast-paced interrupt-driven environment, multi-task and work under pressure.
_Self-directed, highly motivated, and reliable.
_Be flexible and receptive to change.
_Demonstrated efficient time management practices.
_Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and QuickBooks.
Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
_Ability to carry out complex oral and written directions both internal and external; make decisions independently; communicate effectively; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
_Knowledge of written business communication is a must.
_Self-directed, highly motivated, and reliable. Excellent organizational skills (oral and written) and the ability to excel at details, multi-tasking and working under pressure.
_Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat are required.
_Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point) and Adobe Acrobat are required.
_HubSpot certified or must obtain certification within 90 days of employment.
_Over 5 years of experience of executive or administrative secretarial experience, including a minimum of two years in a lead or supervisory capacity.
_Some knowledge or exposure of human resource management a must.
Minimum of 5 years’ of administrative training or business/computer courses obtained. through a community college, trade or correspondence school.
_Previous exposure and demonstrated knowledge of human resource management a must.
_Minimum of 2+ years’ in a lead or supervisory capacity.
_Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in QuickBooks.
_Equivalent of the completion of the twelfth grade, plus three years of advanced secretarial training or business/computer courses obtained through a community college, trade or correspondence school.
_$50,000 - $60,000 a year (Commensurate with experience)
_Medical, Dental and Vision packages available
_Personal Time Off (PTO) provided after probationary period per employee manual
_Eligible to work from home per employee manual
_Occasional “Culture” building events