Time management skills are an integral part of one's life, whether it be in the office or your personal life. It can help relieve the stress that many carry with them from having deadline pressures. Every person is different with the way that they manage their time. You have to figure out what works for you and stick to it. We have 6 tips that are worth the try if you want to improve your time management skills.
1) Make a list. Writing a list can help you visually see everything that needs to get done. You can set reminders on your phone or computer. Just ensure that your lists are actually attainable.
2) Set deadlines. Set a deadline and try to stick to it as much as possible. Try to have deadlines that are a few days before it absolutely has to be done, incase other things get in the way.
3) Don’t multi-task. Although it seems tempting to handle multiple things at once, sometimes it is not the most efficient or productive way to go. We are more likely to do our best work when we really focus on a sole task.
4) Delegate responsibilities. Many people like to take on more responsibility than they can handle. Find the right people to share some of the responsibility with and your stress level will decrease and your productivity will go up.
5) Take advantage of your downtime. Use it for relaxation as well as for planning. If you find yourself waiting in early morning traffic, perhaps this is a good time to start prioritizing your day.
6) Reward yourself. When you accomplish something, celebrate it! This gives you a boost of motivation when you know that you can reward yourself at the end of it.
Let us know what tips you have on time management below!