Bamboo Fabric/Clothing Facts
Nudy Patooty undershirts are made of 95% organic bamboo (with 5% lycra for stretch!).
Bamboo grass is one of the fastest growing plants on Earth and it absorbs carbon dioxide and releases 35% more oxygen into the atmosphere than hardwood trees. In addition to being environmentally friendly there are a number of other reasons why we love bamboo fabric!
- Anti-odour: Bamboo clothing naturally has anti-bacterial properties to fight odour
- Regulates body temperature: Bamboo fabric clothing has micro-gaps, which aid in ventilation, meaning they trap cool air in the summer and warm air in the winter to regulate your body temperature, a key feature of women’s underwear. This means you stay a few degrees cooler in the summer months, and a few degrees warmer in the winter months.
- Absorbent & moisture wicking: The porous nature of bamboo fabric also means it is three to four times more absorbent than cotton, allowing it to wick and absorb perspiration away from the body, keeping you dry, comfortable and clean all day long
- Luxuriously soft: Bamboo fabric is super soft and feels like a combination between silk and cotton. Bamboo fabric is often compared to the softness and luxurious feeling of cashmere.
- Non-irritating fabrics: The naturally smooth fibers of bamboo fabric lie flat against the skin, limiting skin irritation and sensitivity. Making it a convenient solution to sensitive and easily irritated skin.
- No chemical pesticides: Bamboo can grow organically without the use of pesticides because it is naturally disease- and pest-resistent. Making it a better natural alternative to cotton, as cotton is one of the most intensely sprayed crops in the world?!